Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Adventures in Parenting: #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday

***Disclaimer: This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Luvs.  All opinions are 100% mine.***


I remember being a first time mom, this was 14 years ago, but as they say, you never forget your first, in my case...first diaper leak.  I was scheduled for a job interview one morning, my son was about 5 weeks old, it was cold (he was a November baby) and I remember feeling his diaper dry before we left to drop him off at the sitter's. I remember it was raining, I was trying not to rush, but it seemed like the sooner I need to get to the sitter's the more red lights I got. Shortly before we arrived, he started to cry, so instead of leaving him in the carseat and rushing off to my interview, I took him out, and held him, I think I wanted to soothe myself more than I was soothing him. I gave him his bottle and rushed off to the interview.

(My now, freshman, back in Nov. 2000)

As I'm sitting in the lobby, waiting for the General Manager, I notice I'm getting funny stares, so I start panicking, did my hair become out of place, did I forget to put on make up on one eye (first time mom, who was sleep deprived, ANYTHING could happen) I finally get called into his office, and he instantly gave me the same stare. Then I panicked even more, what if my blouse is unbuttoned and I'm exposed para todos, ay no! Que verguenza!

(That's one happy baby! He was five months old!)

I powered through the interview and he says to me "Miss, I'm sorry, but did you spill something on yourself?" to which I immediately thought to myself "Oh NO!!! I leaked, my breastmilk is leaking!" but then I paused and thought, "No, I just pumped, that can't be possible!" and I must have paused for ever, because he said "Miss???" To which I quickly responded, "Yes, I'm sorry, I believe I did" and quickly ran out.

I ran to the car, dry bra, I smelled my shirt...it was my son, his diaper leaked. Luckily, I am a stellar interviewer, and I got the job, even with the awkward stain on my best interview shirt. My General Manager and I became close, because his wife had just had a baby (born three days apart from my own son), and he asked me a few months later if I had lied during my interview, he said "I went home and told my wife, I interviewed a young lady today, I felt bad for her honey, I think she umm "leaked" I was mortified, and said, "It's worse, sir...my son's diaper leaked on me!" From that day on, he called him my good luck charm, and from that day forward, I carried him like he was a stinky skunk, at least a foot away from my body...I'm KIDDING! No lo tomen en serio! But I was completely careful going forward! 

Of course, being now, 14 years later a seasoned momma of three. I've experienced my fair share of diaper leaks!

(See, three boys, THIS momma knows a thing or two about leaks!)

I think I'd have a less embarrassing interview if Luvs had their newest line of Night Lock diapers available to me back then, good thing they're available to all you parents now!

Have you checked out Luvs adorable "Will It Leak" video series yet? Well, tis’ the season of holiday miracles! And this year, Luvs is turning clicks into diapers. From December 9th - 25th, for every view their Will It Leak "Santa Suit" video receives on their social media channels, Luvs will give diapers to children in need through the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.


  • Luvs diapers, a trusted name in baby care, knows that the holiday season is full of stressful moments, but they don't want diaper leaks be one of them. This holiday, Luvs wants everyone to celebrate a Leak-Free Holiday. 
  • Luvs with NightLock ofrece la mayor área de absorbencia EN LA HISTORIA para eliminar las fitraciones, lo que equivale a menos pañales mojados durante la temporada festiva para el bebé, y más tiempo para que los padres disfruten las celebraciones.
  • The holiday fun doesn't stop there! This holiday, Luvs is also inviting parents to whip up a baby book for their child in a few quick clicks with Luvs and Tweekaboo. Get yours here: https://www.tweekaboo.com/luvs' 
  • ¡Pero la diversión festiva no termina ahí! Esta temporada festiva, Luvs también está invitando a los padres a ganarse un libro para su bebé gracias a unos cuantos clics rápidos con Luvs y Tweekaboo. Aquí puedes ganar el tuyo: https://www.tweekaboo.com/luvs'.
I hope you ALL made it to last week's Luvs Twitter Party!


Please join @Luvs and celebrity dad, expectant father and @donald_faison for a #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday Twitter Party on Thursday, December 11th, from 9-10pmEST, where we’ll be sharing personal holiday leak stories.

In case you missed it, I wouldn't want you to feel left out! I'm partnering up with Luvs to provide you with a GREAT GIVEAWAY! 

The #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday Giveaway includes:

  • Branded Luvs Tote Bag
  • #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday Travel Coffee Mug
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Luvs Branded Purple Star Ornament
  • My First Kwanzaa Book
  • Plush Musical Dreidel
  • Hanukkah Gelt
  • Two Packs of Luvs Diapers
  • A Tub of Luvs Wipes


Giveaway Guidelines:

  • Entrants must be 18+up and live in the contiguous U.S. No Puerto Rico.
As always, show your support for Luvs and their effort to help by watching the video posted above and...

Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter











33 comments:

  1. I think the funniest thing was growing up my brother used to get so excited he would accidentally open gifts that weren't for him. To top it off it was always my sister's presents. We still tease him about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixing up the labels of which presents were for which. There were some pretty confused expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up my grandmother used to invite homeless and less fortunate to our Christmas meals- one year she paid a homeless man to be Santa- unfortunately he was a little, erm, tipsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first year that we ever celebrated the holidays at my house there was a huge "incident" I made deviled eggs and of course I added paprika to the top of them. We were about halfway through dinner and I noticed that the paprika was moving!! Somehow tiny little bugs had gotten into the paprika container and were dyed red and were now crawling around on my deviled eggs. I had to stop dinner and tell everyone. I am no longer in charge of making deviled eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year, my son knocked over the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. I'd thought that only happened in movies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not paying attention when wrapping and forgetting what presents belonged to who.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching the cats destroy the Christmas tree was kinds funny I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The funniest holiday mishap is the day my friend came to visit she was looking at our tree when all of the sudden my cat jumped out of the middle of it. She dang near had a heart attack but now we laugh about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The funnies holiday mishap was when name tags were put on the wrong gifts. My Dad got the gift that was supposed to go to a friend of mine that was getting married. The face he made when he pulled out the nightie was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One year my wife forgot to remove the bag of organs from inside the turkey. It didn't ruin the dinner, but it was pretty funny at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watching how excited my little girl got over her pink cowgirl boots... If I had know they were going to mean that much to her and her reaction I would have made sure to have the video camera ready

    ReplyDelete
  12. The funniest I can remember was my dogs opening up the presents before everyone got up

    ReplyDelete
  13. We once had a Christmas tree that clearly did not want to come home with us. After falling off the car several times on the way home, it refused to stand up in the living room and kept falling over. In the middle of the night we'd hear WHUMP and pray that no ornaments had broken. The next year we put up a fake tree.

    ReplyDelete
  14. While sitting at the dinner table my gradfather decided to ask me how my love life was going. I thought I heard him wrong so asked him to repeat the question. Everyone about chocked as he again asked the question in a way that I can't repeat on here. I wanted to crawl under the table and never come back out. We still laugh about it now at holiday dinners. He had early dementia at that time but it's now a good funny memory of him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For the only time this year, the kids woke up at 3:45. This isnt really a mishap, but nothing went as planned lol. They were crying and fussy, we had to carry them down the stairs.. and did not get to record it like we wanted to since they were being carried. haha. Sad moment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mine was not remembering who's present was whos and I forgot, I told my kids this and they didn't care!
    sunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. There was the time when I found a lot Christmas present about 6 months later.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm I am not sure honestly but a lot of small funny things have happened nothing major

    ReplyDelete
  19. One year i accidentally wrapped up a dog treat that was "chicken jerky stripes" for my dad. I thought it was people food. LOL OOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I've written the wrong names on gifts before and that always gets some laughs lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. We made so many types of sweet potato dishes we forgot to make the mashed potatoes for the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had been deployed overseas during the holidays and had missed the holidays for the past two years. I was not expected home..I was a nurse practitioner in a MASH Unit.My brothers help me coordinate the fun surprise for my mother and my children. I Skyped from the car to wish them a happy holiday and they opened presents for me to see. I told them the reception for the Skype we were losing and I had used my time but I loved them all and wished I was there. I explained I had sent presents for the kids with a colleague who had returned Christmas Eve to the base and she was going to be bringing them by anytime. With that we waited a few minutes,the Skype transmission ended and then I rang the doorbell with their best present- me of course with a bow on my head.I had not been with the children for 10 months and missed so much.It was fun to surprise them and be there for to share in the peace, love and joy of this beautiful season. Rene Chartier (Joan)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This year I gave two of my kids the wrong gift. It worked out though and they liked what I got the other kid instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. One year the turkey had cooked for Christmas dinner and I put it on the counter to cool in the kitchen. I went out of the kitchen to talk to the rest of my family since everyone was there. It was myself, my husband and our 12 children. We were all laughing and joking around and I said the turkey must be cooled let's go carve it so we can eat. As we returned to the kitchen we saw the cats totally feasting on turkey from the pan. No one wanted what was left and it was so embarassing to me. Dinner was just sides that year and we filled up on desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me and my 3 siblings have the same initials, so one year my mom gave the wrong package to my brother who ended up opening a training bra.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had a few cats that totally bent up the bottom part of our fake Christmas tree and broke some ornaments. It was annoying at the time but funny to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The dog ate up one package I had wrapped for my cat and would not leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  28. One of the funniest mishaps was my hubby using the wrong oil on the turkey and it ended up with a crispy brown outside, but luckily the inside was still edible.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My oldest daughter (age 15) was holding my youngest (19 months) and he peed through his diaper while at a family get together.... And of course I did not bring any clean clothes - you would think after having 4 kids I would know this.
    BTW- we LOVE LUVS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My daughter went up to the tree said pretty and proceeded to jump into it and pull it over! it was a fun mess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. We put up a popcorn garland on the Christmas tree forgetting about our beagle who loved popcorn. As you can imagine the tree needed to be redecorated!

    ReplyDelete
  32. One of the funniest mishaps was my hubby using the wrong oil on the turkey and it ended up with a crispy brown outside, One year the turkey had cooked for Christmas dinner and I put it on the counter to cool in the kitchen. I went out of the kitchen to talk to the rest of my family since everyone was there. It was myself, I had been deployed overseas during the holidays and had missed the holidays for the past two years. I was not expected home..I was a nurse practitioner in a MASH Unit. Thank you for sharing your article about Adventures in Parenting: #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday If you interested to know more information please visit http://onedaytop.com/donald-trump-claims-time-magazine/



    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you and feel the love. Leave a comment and I'll get back to you with a response as soon as I can! xoxo WommFan