Sunday, April 21, 2013

Products I Love Sunday - Homemade Harvey Review


Credit | Homemade Harvey via

I was introduced to Homemade Harvey, by my husband.  I think I fell in love with him all over again! But before I did, I had to grill him for over an hour, and demand to know why he was just NOW telling me about this brand and product! He brought home three pouches...yes, I said pouches (more about that in a minute). I got ransacked by my 5 year old, he let me have a "taste" and if you have kids that age, you'll know that a "taste" is more than likely, having to lick a bottle cap or something, in my case, he put some on my finger and said "There...I shared"

I was bummed that I didn't get to enjoy an entire pouch on my own. So, I took to social media and tweeted Homemade Harvey, just to let them know that from what I was able to taste, I was hooked, but unfortunately I couldn't tell the world about it, because I didn't have anymore.

Imagine my surprise when they responded to my tweet and asked for my address...holy cow! I'd get some just for me! Yay! Really, I thought that was beyond nice of them, but beside that, this showed that Homemade Harvey cared about their consumers, and truly wanted me to share them with the world, which I'm happy to oblige! This is a brand that cares!

Let's get to the good stuff!

Homemade Harvey's story is unique, they are a small company owned by husband and wife, Matt and Theresa Kiene.  Their website tells you a little bit about them, and how the magic that is Homemade Harvey came to be, you can read it here. Just in the way that their bios are written, you can instantly tell that this couple does not take themselves seriously, and that they created this product because they love it and truly believe in it!

I can stand behind that all the way.

About a week later, UPS showed up at my door and pretty much exceeded my expectations in terms of what I thought I was going to receive...check out the unveiling.

This was a big box, and I didn't know where it was from!

Chomp. Gulp. AAAAAAH, indeed.

I'm READY, I'm READY!

I almost thought there'd be another box inside this box, too...just kidding ;]

If this is not caring about your consumers, I don't know what is! A handwritten note from the CEO Theresa Kiene, how thoughtful!

Look at all of these! I was in Homemade Harvey HEAVEN!!

I was sent four different flavors, I'll review each one. Homemade Harvey is GENIUS, in that it puts all the goodness of cut up fruit, in a convenient pouch. Now you can take these just about anywhere you go! Just be sure you can keep it cold/refrigerated.  Believe it or not, Homemade Harvey is 100% natural, there are no preservatives or added sugar, what you see is what you get and taste, and it's all fantastic! Any sugar you see on the Nutritional Facts is from the fruit itself! They are great for the family and so healthy.

Fresh Apple, Pear, Ginger and Oats -

"Ingredients: Nothing but Organic Apples, Organic Pear, Coconut Water, Steel Cut Oats, Raisins, Whole Grain Oats, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Ginger and Monk Fruit Extract. (Contains Coconut.)"



Gone are the days of eating a snack with a spoon (the spoon in the picture above was only used to show the consistency of the product), this convenient pouch squeezes all the yummy goodness out and into your tummy!  What I liked about this flavor, is the fact that you can get all the oats with each taste, it's like a cold, fruit filled breakfast oatmeal.  Each ingredient is prominent and you can taste each one, remember that gum from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Where you could taste an entire meal, chew after chew? Well this is similar to that, except I didn't turn into a huge blueberry at the end, but I did turn to this...

Blue Strawberry Apple -

"Ingredients: Nothing but Organic Strawberry, Banana, Organic Blueberry, Organic Apple, Kiwi and Lemon Peel."




While the Apple, Ginger, Oats flavor was quite chunky, the Blueberry, Strawberry, Apple flavor had a smooth consistency and even without preservatives or additives, you can SEE the vibrant colors of this fresh fruit! Again, the flavor profile was all there, each unique fruit hit a note on my palette, it was delicious and filling and I couldn't stop myself from wanting more. It's as though, each flavor gets better than the next. Which brings me to...

Fresh Banana, Strawberry & Kiwi -   

"Ingredients: Nothing but Organic Banana, Organic Strawberry and Kiwi."



Usually, I'm not a fan of bananas in my smoothies or drinks.  If I have bananas they're just plain old, peeled bananas or banana splits.  So I can tell you with all honesty that I was THRILLED to fall in love with this version of bananas! The flavor was not overpowering and blended with the strawberry and kiwi...oh my! And from the consistency on the spoon, you can see the pieces of strawberry, the little bits of kiwi, it's amazing, it's as if you blended all this at home and just took it out of the blender.  

And last, but certainly not least this flavor is a SHOW STOPPER!

Fresh Mango, Pineapple, Passion Fruit -

"Ingredients: Nothing but Organic Mango, Banana, Organic Pineapple and Passion Fruit."



This one has everything you're looking for and then some! It was also chunky like the Apple, Ginger, Oats flavor, but in a completely different way.  You tasted the texture of the mango, the hint of fresh pineapple and the tart and tanginess of the passion fruit.  For the record, we all had to plead our case to see who would eat the last of this flavor, my husband won *grumble, grumble*

I cannot recommend these enough, to anyone looking for a new way to interest their children in fruit, please try Homemade Harvey.  For anyone trying to get their daily dose of fruits in their daily diet...you got it, go get Homemade Harvey!  

For those of you feeling LUCKY, Homemade Harvey is hosting a SPECTACULAR Giveaway!! Test out your luck, for a chance to win a case of Homemade Harvey Fruit Snacks! 

"Like" their Facebook page and enter here.

If you simply cannot wait and want to try these out for yourself check out their page and find a location near you! 

Just for fun -

This is how my 5 year old enjoyed his Homemade Harvey:

A little Blueberry, Strawberry Apple Homemade Harvey never hurt anybody ;] Notice the drips down his chin and shirt, hahaha, the kid loves them!

 He asked if he could have another one, but he was already drinking it when he asked!

"Look at all the fruits mom"

Disclosure:  I received a complimentary sample of Homemade Harvey Fruit Snacks to facilitate this review.  All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you and feel the love. Leave a comment and I'll get back to you with a response as soon as I can! xoxo WommFan