***Disclaimer: This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Luvs. All opinions are 100% mine.***
I remember being a first time mom, this was 14 years ago, but as they say, you never forget your first, in my case...first diaper leak. I was scheduled for a job interview one morning, my son was about 5 weeks old, it was cold (he was a November baby) and I remember feeling his diaper dry before we left to drop him off at the sitter's. I remember it was raining, I was trying not to rush, but it seemed like the sooner I need to get to the sitter's the more red lights I got. Shortly before we arrived, he started to cry, so instead of leaving him in the carseat and rushing off to my interview, I took him out, and held him, I think I wanted to soothe myself more than I was soothing him. I gave him his bottle and rushed off to the interview.
(My now, freshman, back in Nov. 2000)
As I'm sitting in the lobby, waiting for the General Manager, I notice I'm getting funny stares, so I start panicking, did my hair become out of place, did I forget to put on make up on one eye (first time mom, who was sleep deprived, ANYTHING could happen) I finally get called into his office, and he instantly gave me the same stare. Then I panicked even more, what if my blouse is unbuttoned and I'm exposed para todos, ay no! Que verguenza!
(That's one happy baby! He was five months old!)
I powered through the interview and he says to me "Miss, I'm sorry, but did you spill something on yourself?" to which I immediately thought to myself "Oh NO!!! I leaked, my breastmilk is leaking!" but then I paused and thought, "No, I just pumped, that can't be possible!" and I must have paused for ever, because he said "Miss???" To which I quickly responded, "Yes, I'm sorry, I believe I did" and quickly ran out.
I ran to the car, dry bra, I smelled my shirt...it was my son, his diaper leaked. Luckily, I am a stellar interviewer, and I got the job, even with the awkward stain on my best interview shirt. My General Manager and I became close, because his wife had just had a baby (born three days apart from my own son), and he asked me a few months later if I had lied during my interview, he said "I went home and told my wife, I interviewed a young lady today, I felt bad for her honey, I think she umm "leaked" I was mortified, and said, "It's worse, sir...my son's diaper leaked on me!" From that day on, he called him my good luck charm, and from that day forward, I carried him like he was a stinky skunk, at least a foot away from my body...I'm KIDDING! No lo tomen en serio! But I was completely careful going forward!
Of course, being now, 14 years later a seasoned momma of three. I've experienced my fair share of diaper leaks!
(See, three boys, THIS momma knows a thing or two about leaks!)
I think I'd have a less embarrassing interview if Luvs had their newest line of Night Lock diapers available to me back then, good thing they're available to all you parents now!
Have you checked out Luvs adorable "Will It Leak" video series yet? Well, tis’ the season of holiday miracles! And this year, Luvs is turning clicks into diapers. From December 9th - 25th, for every view their Will It Leak "Santa Suit" video receives on their social media channels, Luvs will give diapers to children in need through the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- Luvs diapers, a trusted name in baby care, knows that the holiday season is full of stressful moments, but they don't want diaper leaks be one of them. This holiday, Luvs wants everyone to celebrate a Leak-Free Holiday.
- Luvs with NightLock ofrece la mayor área de absorbencia EN LA HISTORIA para eliminar las fitraciones, lo que equivale a menos pañales mojados durante la temporada festiva para el bebé, y más tiempo para que los padres disfruten las celebraciones.
- The holiday fun doesn't stop there! This holiday, Luvs is also inviting parents to whip up a baby book for their child in a few quick clicks with Luvs and Tweekaboo. Get yours here: https://www.tweekaboo.com/luvs'
- ¡Pero la diversión festiva no termina ahí! Esta temporada festiva, Luvs también está invitando a los padres a ganarse un libro para su bebé gracias a unos cuantos clics rápidos con Luvs y Tweekaboo. Aquí puedes ganar el tuyo: https://www.tweekaboo.com/luvs'.
Please join @Luvs and celebrity dad, expectant father and @donald_faison for a #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday Twitter Party on Thursday, December 11th, from 9-10pmEST, where we’ll be sharing personal holiday leak stories.
In case you missed it, I wouldn't want you to feel left out! I'm partnering up with Luvs to provide you with a GREAT GIVEAWAY!
The #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday Giveaway includes:
- Branded Luvs Tote Bag
- #LuvsLeakFreeHoliday Travel Coffee Mug
- Hot Chocolate
- Luvs Branded Purple Star Ornament
- My First Kwanzaa Book
- Plush Musical Dreidel
- Hanukkah Gelt
- Two Packs of Luvs Diapers
- A Tub of Luvs Wipes
- Entrants must be 18+up and live in the contiguous U.S. No Puerto Rico.
Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter